We are hiring a junior consultant/analyst to join our growing business. Please read on or share with anyone you think would relish the opportunity to join a leading specialist consultancy working at the interface between agribusiness, food systems transformation, climate and renewable energy.
Wellspring helps grow agricultural markets and businesses to deliver positive impact. We have deep practical experience of implementing projects and investing in agricultural value chains, combined with a strong consulting skillset.
We work with high-level clients from the private, public and third sectors, who come to us for our practical, valuable solutions and ideas. Alongside our partners we’ve facilitated investments into businesses, research and development projects worth over £200 million. While we work and invest globally, our focus is primarily in Africa and the UK. To date we have carried out over 70 projects in agribusiness, market development and other areas.
Our clients and partners include FCDO, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, AgDevCo, EU, Gatsby Africa, Innovate UK, Rockefeller Foundation, FSD Africa, GAIN, CABI, Farm Africa, various private sector agribusinesses and consultancies, and many others.
The Junior Consultant/Analyst will work with our growing team of experts, working mainly on growth and transformation of agricultural and food markets to deliver positive impact. The role will include supporting consultants with research, quantitative and qualitative analysis, preparation of reports and tender documents, supporting the management team on general practice management and administration, and other duties from time to time.
The role can be flexi or part time and work will be done remotely.
- 1-5 years of experience
- Interest and (some) experience of sustainable agribusiness in a developing country context (including climate smart ag, nutrition/food systems, commercial agri finance and investment, market systems development)
- Analytical, data driven approach including excel analysis/basic modelling
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and presentation skills (use of PowerPoint for professional report decks)
- Team player interested in working as part of a small team across various technical and strategic assignments
Other desirable characteristics include:
- An understanding of the policy and operating environment and finance and business development needs in emerging markets in the agriculture sectors, particularly in Sub Saharan Africa.
- Masters in Economics/Ag Development/Dev Finance/Business Administration/Finance or similar
- Experience of working/ living in developing countries alongside a network of professional contacts in the region.
- Language skills in particular Swahili, French or Portuguese.
Applicants should send a full CV and cover letter via the online submission form below.
Applications will be reviewed as received. The role will be to start as soon as possible.
This is a fixed term consultancy contract to support on various current programmes but with potential to lead to a longer-term engagement.
Wellspring welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We recognise and actively promote the benefits of a diverse workforce and are committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.